Last Updated: April 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Napster Services, participate in a survey, contest or promotion, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, purchase, access or download content through the Napster Services, refer others to the Napster Services, apply for a job, interact with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, username, password, postal address, phone number, language preference, payment information (such as your credit or debit card), and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we also may collect information you provide about others. For example, if you refer a friend or family member to the Napster Services, we may collect certain information such as the email address of the recipient.
Certain features of the Napster Services require access to your device’s camera or picture gallery, so you can take and upload pictures for your profile or playlists. You can control whether the Napster Services have access to this information through the permissions you give us, your device settings, or by whether you use these features.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Napster Services
When you access or use the Napster Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Napster Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, web request, access times, pages viewed, content you purchase, access, download or burn, web browser, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the Napster Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device or computer you use to access the Napster Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, device accounts, device state, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use the Napster Services or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more information, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information. This may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Napster Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Napster Services are popular, and count visits. Cookies will automatically update from time-to-time. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Napster Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We do not install or use computer programs that are designed primarily for searching, collecting or generating email addresses. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Napster Services. For example, if you create an account using your credentials from a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site.
Opting Out of Collection of Information
You can stop all collection of information easily by deactivating your account. There is more information below regarding deactivating Napster from your device under the heading “Your Choices”.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Napster Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Napster and others, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Napster Services;
- Personalize and improve the Napster Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Napster Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on the Napster Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish through the Napster Services and with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with such social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioural advertising purposes by certain companies, please visit the DAAC Consumer Opt-Out and Rhapsody Opt-Out Page.
Napster takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your online account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if you log into the Napster Services using your credentials from a third-party social media site, you may be required to update, correct or delete your account information through such third-party social media site.
If you wish to deactivate your online account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Profile Privacy Settings
You have the ability to customize your Napster profile and control whether your profile is accessible to other users of the Napster Services. Initially, your Napster profile will be publicly accessible to other users, but it will be anonymous. You can make changes to your account under your profile settings. You may choose to add personally identifying information, such as your name, to your profile. If you choose to leave your customized profile accessible to other users, the information in your profile and certain other information about your use of the Napster Services (such as your playlists, music library and listening preferences) will be accessible to other users of the Napster Services. If you choose to make your customized profile inaccessible to other users of the Napster Services, your profile will be completely hidden from other users. Please note that if you choose to hide your profile from other users, you may not be able to use certain features or functionalities of the Napster Services.
Device and Location Information
Certain features of the Napster Services may require access to your device's native address book application (e.g., to help you locate contact information of friends and family members in order to share information with them via email). If you decide to use these features, we will ask for your consent. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from accessing your address book application by changing your preferences on your mobile device.
Other features of the Napster Services may access your device’s SMS or text messaging application and functionality in order to communicate and share content with friends by sending and receiving messages. By consenting to or using these features, you grant Napster permission to access your device’s messaging functionality.
By downloading and launching any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you consent to such applications' collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our mobile applications may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with the Napster Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Napster Services.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
For additional information on your rights regarding the collection and use of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
30 Victoria Street
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
For additional information on your rights regarding the use of computer programs to collect your personal information, you can contact the CRTC:
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
Les Terrasses de la Chaudière
1 Promenade du Portage
Toll Free: 1-877-249-CRTC (2782) Toll-free TTY: 1-877-909 CRTC (2782)